Customer Service

March is such a happy month; the sun starts bringing warm air and the light starts to feel good.
I feel so much energy from the sun, the water, the trees, the flowers, and the air of spring.
Nature always inspires me.


Happiness can be contagious. 
I think specially living in NYC, people are so sick of the miserable cold weather so after the dark winter is gone, I can tell they are so much happier (or at least less a**hole to each other.)
Pigeon Dynamite's mission is to give happiness through the pieces I make.
 I put my heart and thoughts in each every pieces.
But I also care about the customers as much as I do about my pieces.

There was this thing, which made me re-realize how important it is to care about my customers, happened recently to my friend who used to stay in NYC and now lives in Japan. 
She was shopping gifts for her boyfriend secretly through this mega-big-girls-favorite store (hint;*nthr*p*l**ie)online, then just as she ordered, she realized the shipping address was set to her old address, which is in New York.
She was trying to change that right away but their "policy" said it was her responsibility to enter the address correctly before purchasing items.
 She ended up asking me for help and I told her to email their customer service, thinking it's not going to be such a big deal for them to change the address as long as she pays for the international shipping before they dispatch the items she purchased.
A few days later she wrote me with the copy of their response. It was basically telling her their policy does not allow any modification after the purchase even though she notified them right away.
She said she felt bad for not understanding English fully before purchasing, and asking me for help.  I was furious to this mega I-don't-give-a-f*ck store customer service.
I was trying to figure out the way to make this work-maybe contact USPS? trying to arrange hold the package option? Or deliver it to my place instead? But none of them seemed to be an option since she told me the package was already dispatched.
I got her address so I wrote a letter to the current tenant, hoping he would contact me and let me go get the package for her.
A week passed after the package was delivered.  She and I were both hopeless at this point and she was just saying that it was a good lesson for her to be more careful about shopping online.
I was so disappointed by this store. I used to love the store and now I don't.
At least they could have led her cancel the order but there was not even an option to cancel.
And another week was passing, my cellphone buzzed. 
It was a text from the tenant, saying he's got the package and I could come pick it up.
Thanks to his kindness, the package was safely delivered to her.

Luckily this case worked out. But I cannot imagine how many international customers went through the same thing and lost their items.
I understand if the package was already dispatched then the customer wanted to change the address, it's too late. It's not the store's fault at this point.
However, my friend's case was obviously the store had enough time to change the address or could and should have given her the option to cancel the order.
I do try my best to ship out the items purchased through Etsy or Creema ASAP, but I also try my best to assist my customers for their need.
Now, I know there is of course the limit how much I could do as the shop owner. 
But I cannot stop wondering if that was the best they could do for her.

 Anyhow, I keep reminding myself not to forget to be thankful for the customers and supporters.



Lastly, but not least, it's been four years since the Great Northeast Japan earthquake and Tsunami happened.
Still over 200,000 people are evacuated and have not been able to returned to their home.

I believe that the country like Japan, where there has been numerous natural disasters, can over come such tragedy with human power.
This catastrophic event reminded me how important it is to know what is going on around the world, and know there are always people who are in need.
As part of being in this world, Pigeon Dynamite has committed to donate a dollar from every each item has been sold to UNICEF USA since this February.


 Thanks for reading.

さて、3月ですね!今NYはようやく春らしくなってきてくれて私もハッピーエナジーをようやく感じる事ができるようになってきました!
空気や太陽や、新しい芽を出した木なんかからパワーをもらっています。
自然はいつもPDの大きなインスピレーションの源です。


そして幸せオーラは風邪のようにうつりやすい、と思うんです。
特にNYみたいなとこに住んでいると、もう本当に2月の暮れにはこのどんより天気ととんでもない寒い気温にほぼ鬱状態かと思う位に暗くなるんですが、
 それでも少し気温が上がって太陽が出始めようものなら、皆結構フライングでもコートを脱いでジャケットで出てきたりするんですね。それはやっぱり待ちに待ってましたと顔を出す冬眠から目覚めた動物位幸せそうな顔で。
(ほんとにフライングする人多い。。寒くないのか?)
そして何より私のPigeon Dynamiteもハッピーを分かち合いたくて作った作品ばかりです。
ひとつひとつに心を込めて手作りしています。
そしてそこにはありったけのハッピーな思いを込めています。
購入して頂く方たちが幸せになりますように、喜んでくれますように、と。
そして作品と同じ位に私は購入されたお客様の事も思っています。

最近カスタマーサービスの重要さを改めて考えさせられる出来事がありました。
私の友人で現在は日本に住んでいるのですが、以前NYに住んでいた子がいて、
 彼女の彼の為にサプライズでオンラインでとある有名サイトから買い物をしていたんです。可愛らしい他人想いな彼女の事を考えるだけで、この時点でもうキュンとしますが、
さて購入をし終えた彼女はすぐさま大きなミスに気づきます。
配送先を日本にしていなかったのです。
咄嗟にオンラインのストアポリシーを見ると。
何と、一旦購入したらキャンセルも住所変更も出来ないとなっているではありませんか!!
どんなポリシーじゃい!パニックに陥った彼女はラインで日本時間の真夜中にも関わらず私にヘルプを求めてメッセージを送ってきました。
私はというと、大手の会社だし、オーダーしたところだからキャンセルか住所変更位よくある事だろうとカスタマーサービズにメールするようにだけ言って、かなりゆるーく構えてたんです。
が!
数日後、彼女からカスタマーサービスの返信のコピーと共にメッセージを受け取りました。そこには目を疑うような内容が書かれていて、
「ストアポリシー」とたかをくくった店側から、それは全て彼女の責任であって店側はどうしようもないという事でした。

彼女は良い勉強になったよ、うっかりしてたらダメだねーと。
私はというと「は?」の反応。
まだ配送手続きも終わっていない時点でどうしてキャンセルも出来ないの??
お金払ったら後は関係ないって???
私の怒りはマックスに。とりあえずクレーム入れる前にアメリカの郵便局にコンタクトを取るなり私の自宅に配送変更できないか等考えてみたもののどれも時既に遅しの状態で後に彼女からのメールで荷物は彼女の住んでいたマンハッタンのアパートに配送されたと知り何も出来なかった自分に無力さと落胆をおぼえました。
ダメもとで現在の住人に手紙を出して、もし荷物が届いていたら連絡を下さいと書いておきました。
それから1週間程経ちました。 
なんと!未だ良い人は居るんです!住人からメールが届いて、取りに来ても良いとの事でした。そして無事日本に居る彼女の元へ送る事が出来ました。

彼女のケースはラッキーだったのですが、まさかこの大手の会社に同じ目に合ったインターナショナルのバイヤーは多々居るのでは。。と思わずにはいれません。
自分もショップオーナーとして、ご注文を受けた後は出来る限り早く配送出来るように心がけています。
でも、まだ住所変更が間に合うのであれば絶対にそうするし、キャンセルが必要であればそれもお客様のご意向に応じて対応するべきだと思います。
実際私もキャンセルを受けた事はあります。
多少の手間がかかったとしても、お客様に満足して頂けるように、今後も愛用して頂けるように、精一杯出来る限りの事はしようと努力しています。 
もちろん、全て可能という訳ではありませんが、この大手某会社の対応には私も大変がっかりしてしまいました。

常にお客様とサポートしてくれる皆さんに感謝の気持ちを忘れないようにと自分に言い聞かせています。

最後に、3月11日の東北大震災から4年が経ちました。
未だ多くの方たちが避難される中、一刻も早く被災者の方が安心して暮らせるようにと願っています。人間力というのは荒れ果てた地を蘇らせる力を持っていると信じています。
そして世界にはこうして何らかの形で助けを必要としている人たちが沢山いる事を忘れないようにしなければいけません。
私も今年の2月からユニセフを通して少しでも力になりたいと寄付する決定を致しました。
 
日本語でも対応しています。メインサイトはこちら
ブログから購入の仕方の説明をさせて頂いています。購入法はこちらから
日本限定サイト、クリーマも展開しています。
チェックしてみてくださいね!
読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost Autumn

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Questions to Be Answered