Jewelry Lessons

It's been kind of a bad winter here in NYC this year..suppose this winter is like a teenage romance; up and down, go back and fourth, swinging, unstable, total mess.
After the daylight saving started, there have been days started to feel a little more like spring, and then sudden snow attack.
The temperature drops and then goes up, then drops again, then goes up again.
NY weather, it's freaking end of March, put it together, man. Seriously.


Thanks to internet, I see my friends in Japan started already seeing some Cherry Blossoms..ugh.
 
Anyhow, first things first..I hope people who were affected by the LES gas explosion are treated and found a place to stay. The Standard Hotel is giving 3 nights free stay for those who are affected with the proof of the address.

I terribly want this gray weather to be gone already, but to survive this dark, not-good-for-my-psyche weather, there are few little things that are so easy to do to make your day little bit brighter and happier.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/227797503/herkimer-diamond-threader-earrings-with?ref=shop_home_active_1

WEAR JEWELRY.

Yes.
Nothing complicated. That's just that simple.
Winter specially needs something to bring your motivation up.
I tend to wear gray or black only during the winter, but to change the dull look, I wear different jewelry depending on how I feel.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/216766982/gold-cotton-pearl-necklace-with-black?ref=shop_home_active_10

I have my basic jewelry style. That's my normal, default style I would say.
Earrings, bracelets, rings and a necklace. I wear them all.
They are all small, rather delicate pieces of jewelry.
It's my regular style and they are almost like part of my body.
They are my lucky charms, protection, kind of like talisman.
Sometimes I change them to bigger, more bold design pieces.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174854541/tassel-necklace-with-vintage-milk-beads?ref=shop_home_active_23


That can change not only my look, but how I feel too.
It can make me feel more playful, or cheerful, or bold, and always happier.
I choose jewelry depending on what I wear the day, but sometimes I wake up in the morning and think "I feel like wearing that piece of jewelry today" and that inspires me to pick what to wear too.
All of my jewelry, besides the jewelry I make which is the creation that was born from my inspirations, are kind of spiritual pieces of jewelry. 
I do not feel the same about those jewelry pieces sold at Target or Forever 21 all of which are mass produced with no thoughts or emotion.
My jewelry normally contains upcycled (modified) vintage pieces and carrying part of history makes the pieces so special and personal.
It's always darling to touch those pieces and get inspired by them.
 Girls are emotional unpredictable creature.  We need more than one piece of jewelry because we are never stable, emotionally.
So, your special jewelry should make you happy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/223001610/custom-onik-vintage-statement-necklace?ref=shop_home_active_20


Another thing about jewelry, and this is also very important too, is taking care of your jewelry.
If you have sterling silver jewelry pieces, you realize the color changes over time and you need to polish them.
Same thing goes to gold pieces of jewelry, but never use the silver polish cloth to clean them. You can use few drops of dish soap liquid with warm water to soak the piece and gently brush the piece. You can also clean the same way to the diamond as well. Using toothbrush makes it easy.
Gold filled is very similar to clean the precious metals; small amount of warm water and cloth. No need to use the chemical here.
Platinum never tarnishes like silver and because of its characteristics, it needs less frequent fixing than white gold or gold. You can clean it with soft cloth and gently clean it every now and then. Essentially it gets scratched and makes the surface less shiny but never really shows the color change. It's one of the most durable metal.
Natural stones can be cleaned various different kinds of ways.
I will talk about this more sometimes in the future post, but it is always important to keep your special jewelry clean and is a good habit to get into.

Speaking of cleaning, to make myself motivated, one of the things I do is to clean out the closet. At one point, I realized owned way too many clothes and I cut it down to probably less than 30% of what I owned. These last seasons, I keep doing this to minimize my clothes, books, kind of everything.
I realized I just need what I really love and things I own should be special.
I just don't want any more "stuff" that doesn't make me happy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/153267741/minimalist-pearl-necklace-with-indian?ref=shop_home_active_2

Do you have your special jewelry that makes you happy today?
If not, you should check out the PD collection.
There are pieces made just for you to make you happy!

Thanks for reading, 
 

今年の冬は結構ひどいです。NY。天気がもう10代の恋愛劇のように安定しません。。
暖かくなったかと思いきや、今週はまた雪だそうです!!もう、何処でも良い、ここじゃないとこに行きたい!!みたいな衝動にかられます。
そしてメロドラのたいがい哀れな脇役のように、胸ぐらをつかんで「はっきりしろよ!」みたいな事を言いたくなります。。(誰に)
インターネットのおかげで、日本でもちらほら桜なんかが咲いてきてるのを見かけますが、ズーンと気分が沈みます。。嘘です、桜恋しいだけです。 

こういう時こそ、気分を盛り上げる為に、ジュエリーを身につけて欲しいです!
女の子はその日によって気分もまちまち、予測不可能です。
天気も悪い、なんか気分も落ち気味、そんな日にこそ、素敵な特別なジュエリーを身につけて欲しい!
そして、ハッピーな日にも、ジュエリーは必要です!
私はピアス、ブレスレット、リング、ネックレス全部着けてます。
それが毎日の基本スタイル。
お守りというか、もう体の一部のような感覚で毎日着けています。
でも気分によってネックレスを変えたり、足したり、リングを変えたりしています。
普段は服装に合わせてジュエリーを選びますが、日によって、目覚めた後に、
今日はこのリングを着けたい、とかあのネックレスが良い、と最初にジュエリーから選んで、それに合わせて服装が決まる、という事もあります。
こういうインスピレーションを受けるジュエリーは特別です。
私は大衆向けに販売されているようなジュエリーには特別さを全く感じません。
手作りじゃないし、大量に生産されたものには何の感情もスピリチュアルな感覚も伝わってきません。
私の持ってるジュエリー、そして私の作るジュエリーは全てスピリチュアルな何かを感じる事の出来るものばかりです。
ジャンクなものではなくて、ジャンクなデザインでも、パーツが特別だったり、手作業で気持ちを込められて作られたジュエリーにはスペシャルな物を感じるんです。
PDのジュエリーはしかも重ねづけや、アレンジもし放題!アイデア次第で毎日楽しんで頂ける作品たちがたくさんいます。
いつもの服装も、ジュエリーで印象が凄く違います。



私の作るジュエリーはヴィンテージのパーツが使われているものが大半ですが、そういったピースには、時間をかけて生まれた特別な色味だとか、作り上げる事のできないものが多くあります。だから一点物の特別なジュエリーが作れるのです。
インスピレーションを受けて作られた作品は、どれも特別な意味を持っています。

https://www.etsy.com/listing/127782927/art-nouveau-vintage-charm-layered?ref=shop_home_active_16

そして、ハッピーになるジュエリーはお手入れも大切です。
スターリングシルバーをお持ちの方はご存知と思いますが、定期的な手入れが必要なのはどのジュエリーも同じ。
ゴールドは食器洗い洗剤数滴をぬるめのお湯に落として、ジュエリーを沈めます。
そのあとはブラシでやさしくこすって、柔らかなクロスで拭き取ってください。
ダイアモンドも同じように中性洗剤と歯ブラシで綺麗に磨くことができます。
ゴールドフィルドはぬるめのお湯で洗って、クロスで拭き取ってください。
シルバー磨きは使わず、洗剤も必要ありません。
プラチナは色が落ちることもありませんが、時々ジュエリー磨きのクロス等で優しく拭いて下さい。
天然石等はそれぞれにケアの方法が異なります。それについてはまた近いうちにブログにてアップさせて下さい。
ジュエリーを綺麗に保つことも、ハッピーに毎日使って頂く為に必要な事です。
簡単なので、癖にしてしまうのが良いかもしれませんね。

https://www.etsy.com/listing/152276649/statement-necklace-with-apple-green?ref=shop_home_active_11
クリーニングといえば、私はここ何シーズンかで持ってる服を3 割程に減らしました。
一時期本当にあふれんばかりの服を持っていたんですが、
もう自分でも把握できていない状態で、とんでもなかったんです。
すっきりしたくて、たくさんの服を手放しました。
どの服も特別でなくなってしまって、何だかたくさんあるのに、全然幸せじゃない、ときめかないような感覚に陥っていました。
だから一気にクローゼットを整頓して気分をリフレッシュさせました。
ついでに本とか、要らないもの、沢山手放しました。
物が溢れかえった状態は美しくない、ミニマルで居たいという欲求が最近とても強いです。
持ってるものが全て特別なもの。これが私の理想。
ちょっと身軽になりたかったのかも。
こういう時はシンプルなジュエリーが着けたくなります。

https://www.etsy.com/listing/227797503/herkimer-diamond-threader-earrings-with?ref=shop_home_active_1

ハッピーにしてくれる特別ジュエリー扱ってます。是非、一度覗いてみてくださいね。
日本語でも対応しています。メインサイトはこちら
ブログから購入の仕方の説明をさせて頂いています。購入法はこちらから
日本限定サイト、クリーマも展開しています。
チェックしてみてくださいね!

読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost Autumn

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Questions to Be Answered