Insprational Month*Female Jewelry Designers!

First thing first, I am so happy for Leo for winning the Oscar (Finally!) this year.
Now we are just afraid of the day we hear Leo getting married...
 Anyways, if you haven't seen the Revenant, make sure you do.
It's much easier to understand than Birdman by Alejandro G Inarritu.

I see how Hollywood has been talking about this diversity and equal right movement, which are all important issues to discuss but I was happy to see Leo addressing the climate change issue in his speech. Whether you believe he is a hypocrite, it is the truth and we need to really make an action.
It is not a political statement when it is the global threat to any spieces

All the important issues aside, let me talk about this month's topic today.
 Recently, I shared my brief story on Etsy forum community how other female artists inspired or taught me when I started.
It was part of Etsy's PR team for International Womens Day, which is March 8th.

When I started my Etsy shop, I had no clue where to start as many of the Etsy sellers were at first.
I found a Japanese jewelry artist, Yuko on Etsy right before or after I started my shop so I reached out to her first just to ask questions like what I need to do to get discovered or how to create a good shop info etc.
 She was so kind to teach me and answer millions of questions I had.

www.etsy.com/shop/Yukojewelry

The reason why I picked her was simply from her beautiful creations-it really spoke to me and attracted me and I wanted to know how to create/show my own "niche."

www.etsy.com/shop/Yukojewelry

Not only her jewelry is beautiful, her love of making jewelry and the personal touch to her creation really shows her warm personality.
I most certainly learned a lot in the beginning from her and her shop.
Thank you Yuko san!

And Barbara Michelle Jacobs is another jeweler I look up to and happily to know in person.


http://www.bmjnyc.com/
http://www.bmjnyc.com/

Her beautiful creation is always so inspiring. She really was the person who made me decide to start my own original jewelry line; originally I was making jewelry by upcycling vintage pieces, and now I do lost wax jewelry making which is the ancient method to create jewelry I am so happy to know her in person and I myself is a big fan of her creations.

As a jewelry artist, there is always so much more to learn. And I've met two wonerful friends  who are also Etsy sellers and are such inspiration to me.

/www.etsy.com/shop/ballandchain

 

 Katrina who has been on Etsy for longer than I have is one of a few jewelers that I am so grateful to have met. She is open and always gives me great advice when I need.
 I love all the details and texture of her jewelry pieces and it's always amazing to see her inspiring technique that is used to make her beautiful pieces.

/www.etsy.com/shop/ballandchain

 Her craftsmanship is simply amazing and something I always look up to.

Ini  is a jewelry artist in Brooklyn who is a newer Etsy seller but you could see her talent right away from her creation.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/IniStudiosBrooklyn

https://www.etsy.com/shop/IniStudiosBrooklyn

She is also one of my favorite jewelry artists and is so open and honest about her creations.
Her passion of making jewelry always inspires me and she is the one who taught me not to afraid of making mistakes and be creative from the mistakes.
 
Because this industry can be really competitive, sometimes jewelers are very secretive and protective about their technique and everything, which I guess I could understand but Ini and I talk about our ideas and design all the time. We exchange tips and design inspirations.
And outcome is always positive and gives me motivation.
Because we are rather new to run business, we help each other.

  We, women, can be the best help to each other if we try to be From time to time, though, also there is always the kind of women who judge you no matter what you do and they could sometimes be even more judgemental and sexist than men can be, but I try to keep them out of my world-I might as well just do whatever I want if they don't change the way how they look at things which is nothing inspiring or interesting to me.

My love for creating unique handmade jewelry is for those who are inspiration to others, who are not afraid to be a little different, and who enjoy being who they are. 
I put all the postive thoughts and love into my creation, the only wish I have is to spread the love through it.
 
www.PigeonDynamite.etsy.com

Happy early International Women Day~!!

Thanks for reading.



先ず最初に、
いやー。ほんと、レオがオスカーを遂に取りましたね!ヨカッタヨカッタ。
レヴェナント、日本ではまだ公開されてないみたいですが、バードマンよりはわかりやすい
凄く良い映画なんで、是非観て欲しいですね。レオがあまりにも踏んだり蹴ったりな映画なんで、あれでオスカー取れなかったらどうしてたんだろう。。もう実写で腕切るとかするしかないのかな??と心配していましたが、ほっとしています。
後はレオが結婚というニュースを聞く日を恐る恐る待つのみ。。

全部本当に余計なお世話!!


でもハリウッドで黒人差別だとか男女平等労働権利とかが声高くここ数年話されてますが、もちろん大事な事なんだけど、個人的にレオがスピーチで地球気候変動について述べた事がとても印象に残りました。
彼がたとえプライベートジェットで何処へでも移動してようが、プリウスを持ってる反面、ブガッティも乗り回してると言われようが、気候変動について公の前で意見を述べる事はそれだけでやっぱり注目が集まるんで、自分的にはよく言ったレオ!と思いました。
地球上の生き物全てに関わる最も身近で大きな脅威でもある気候変動は本当に今こそアクションを起こすべき時であると全く同意です。

ひとまずそのトピックはまたいつかのブログで話すことにして、今回は、
3月8日のインターナショナルウーマンデーという事で(いつから始まったのかは知りませんが)私が影響を直接受けた女性アーティストについてです。

最近フォーラムでETSYの女性セラーから学んだ事があるか、というトピックについてお話しをする機会があったのですが、私は日本人セラーである、ゆうこさんに最初から教えていただきました。
 www.etsy.com/shop/Yukojewelry
実際に私がショップをローンチする前かした直後位に偶然ゆうこさんのショップを見つけて、真っ先にゆうこさんの作るジュエリーの美しさ、細かなディテールに目を奪われました。
www.etsy.com/shop/Yukojewelry

すぐにメッセージを送らせていただき、自分がショップを始める事をお伝えして右も左も分からない状態だった私に丁寧に大事なポイントを一つ一つ教えてくれて、洪水のような質問にも根気よく答えていただきました。
何よりゆうこさんのショップのニッチというものをお手本に自分のショップのニッチをどう見つけるのか、どう見せるのか、という店で一番学ばせて頂いたショップです。
ゆうこさん、本当にありがとうございました!

次のジュエリーアーティストは私が尊敬していて、実際に個人的にも光栄な事に知り合う機会があったバーバラミシェルジェイコブスです。
http://www.bmjnyc.com/ 

 http://www.bmjnyc.com/

彼女のおかげで私は自分の全くのオリジナルジュエリーを作ろうと決める事が出来たと言っても過言ではありません。
私のジュエリーはもともと、アップサイクルと言って、ヴィンテージのパーツなどをリサイクルして作るジュエリーが主流だったんですが、ロストワックスという最古のジュエリー制作方で私自身で鋳造を除いた全ての過程で私が製作しています。
彼女のジュエリーのファンでもある私はバーバラの作るジュエリーにもとても感銘を受けています。

もう一人は、カトリーナ
 /www.etsy.com/shop/ballandchain 


/www.etsy.com/shop/ballandchain 
彼女もまたETSYでのセラーなのですが、実際に会って友達になりその後セラーであったことがわかった一人です。
カトリーナは私よりも長くセラーとして活躍していて、彼女の作るジュエリーにも強くインスピレーションをもらいます。
とてもオープンにアドバイスも的確にしてくれる彼女のライン、ぜひチェックしてみてくださいね。

そして最後はイニ



https://www.etsy.com/shop/IniStudiosBrooklyn 





https://www.etsy.com/shop/IniStudiosBrooklyn 

 彼女はセラーとしてはまだ新しいんですが、ただ者ではない感がバシバシと伝わってくるジュエラーです。
このインダストリーでは同業者の競争が激しいので、なかなかセラー同士で自らのテクニックや材料などについて話してくれる雰囲気がないのですが、彼女とはいつでもデザインや、インスピレーションについての話ばかりをしています。
まぁ、お互いまだジュエリービジネスを始めて若いからなのかも知れませんが、でもそういうヘルプはお互いの為になるし、いつでもモチベーションが上がるのでこう言うジュエリー仲間はとても大切だと思います。

女性同士のつながりや助け合いは一番だと個人的に思っているんですが、
それでもお互いを中傷しあったり、批判ばかりするのも結構女性だったりする世の中。
何をしても批判ばかりする女性は私は自分の世界からできるだけシャットアウトしているんですが、そういう人たちって、ものの見方を変えようとはしないし、自分にとって何もプラスになる事がないから変に気にしてストレスを溜めるくらいだったら、どっちにしろ批判されるんだし自分の好きな事をしてやろう、と思っています。
だからお互いを高められる女性同士のつながりって本当に大切。
インターナショナルウーマンデーに向けて、お互いを助け合える女性に、
みんなとは少し違ったものが好きな女性に、
自分でいることを恐れずに、自分でいることを楽しんでいる女性に
私のジュエリーを身につけてほしいと思います。


https://www.etsy.com/shop/PigeonDynamite?ref=hdr_shop_menu&langid_override=17
 日本語でも展開してます!

クリーマもよろしくお願いします。
http://www.creema.jp/c/PigeonDynamite/selling


読んでくれた人、ありがとう。
こちら から簡単に話題のETSYのサイトへの登録、購入方法を説明させて頂いています。是非この機会にチェックしてみてください。 Creema Shop では日本限定商品も出品しております!
~***Social Mediaも展開しています***~

Facebook** はこちら から。 Twitter** はこちら から。 Pinterest**こちら から。 Instagram**はこちら から。 Tumblr**はこちら から。 Blogger**はこちら から。 



日本へはメインサイト と、クリーマ 両方から発売させて頂いてます。

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost Autumn

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Questions to Be Answered