Put your heart in it.

I cannot believe that it's already end of October.
I cannot possibly believe 2015 is ending so soon and 2016 is coming that I can believe.
I feel like every year goes like this.

October was a busy month for Pigeon Dynamite and I've been organizing and consolidating things around me. It's sort of my ritual thing to prepare for the new beginning of anything. 
Karl Lagerfeld, a designer of his own name brand, Chanel and Fendi (in short, he's the boss),  said that he does not like to look back what he's achieved. He says he does not see the need of creating clothes that have emotions in the design after making clothes for decades to one of the fashion critics who said "Karl Lagerfeld's clothes do not have emotion."
It's interesting that I could totally understand how he is not interested in the past because I think he simply has no time to look back and even if he did have time to look back, I think he'd still rather think about the future. As an artist, I love the process of creating something but once it's done, my mind is no longer there. I tend to leave it unless there is something I need to fix or do not like about.
I hardly look back my archives because there is really nothing that I can get inspired by, except my first ever stone setting ring-that I wear still and find things to learn and remind myself of all these lessons.
Though I often look back other people's work from the past and it's far better inspiration than my own work from the past so I love looking at those. That might be the only time I allow myself to find nostalgia.
It is funny to say that since I use many of vintage pieces in my jewelry that carry past..It is completely a different creature though. Those vintage pieces carry the history that I love to imagine, sure. But that is the kind of past that only exists in my mind and not in real life. 
What I don't understand though is that Karl Lagerfeld believes that his creation does not need emotion.
Well, maybe I understand. Fashion is emotion less. It changes by season and if you keep doing it for a long time, I could see how soul consuming it could be if the designer puts emotion to it every time.
Maybe he is the kind of genius who can move people by the creation that he does not put emotion in.
To me, someone like Alexander McQueen is the opposite designer, and my absolute favorite, who created such beautiful clothes with full of emotion.


Images from http://www.thefashionlaw.com/archive/alexander-mcqueen-savage-beauty
 
It maybe only depends on individuals and their perception, but it's hard for me to find myself intrigued by something that does not contain any sort of emotion.
To move one's heart, it takes something created with soul.
Music is completely that, I think.

I would like to think I put my soul into every creation I make.
And I think it's only getting better.
My days are usually sort of same routine but not a single day is same as any other day.


https://www.facebook.com/PigeonDynamite/



Sometimes I break what I made in the past for an experiment. 
It could be difficult because it's like you are destroying something you put your time and heart into, but sometimes it could result in something better (not always though) and it is really magical.
I've known this quite a long time but it is hard to break your own rule or change the habit because it is one of the most challenging things for artists.
You can only break your own heart to make something absolutely breathtaking.

Holiday season is coming! If you are looking for something personal, warm, handcrafted jewelry gift, check out www.PigeonDynamite.etsy.com
There are many jewelry pieces with many, many hearts in.

Thanks for reading.

10月もあっという間に終わりですね!信じられません。国際版ブログがあまりに不定期更新になっているので本当にすみません。
2015年も終わってすぐにまた2016年になるんですね。。これは信じられる。。

そんな感じで10月は良い感じに忙しかったのですが、皆さんはご機嫌如何でしょうか。
個人的には色々余分なもの、目に見えるものから見えないものまで無心に排除していくという作業をして効率よく仕事出来るように励んでいた次第です。
最近ちらっとカールラガーフェルドのインタビューを読んで
 「私は過去の自分の作品や達成した物事に関心はない。」と言っていたのがとても印象的でした。
私もアーティストとしてものを作っている過程は大好きなんですが、出来てしまうと興味を無くしてしまうというか、もう頭の中では次の事、違う事にフォーカスしている自分がいます。
飽きっぽいというのもあるんですが、今の所ジュエリーアーティストとしての仕事に飽きた事が無いのでやっぱり好きなんだと思います。本当に。
ただ、カール氏は同時に「私の作り上げる服に感情なんてものは必要ない」とまで言ってたんで、そこは私には何となく同意し難いところがありました。
もちろんファッションはシーズンごとに変わっていく、無慈悲なインダストリーであると思います。そこに毎回毎回自分のありったけの感情とかずっと入れ込み続けてたらそれこそ燃え尽きてしまうんだろうなと思いますが、(特にカール氏みたいに何十年もファッション界に君臨し続ける為にはそれこそ感情なんて持ってこないからこそ出来た事なんだろうけど)でも私はやっぱりアレキサンダーマクィーンのような、激情とも言えるドラマチックで感情溢れる服やデザインが好きです。


見る人個人それぞれの受け取り方にもよるのがアートの面白いとこですが、やっぱり感情や魂の入っていない作り物にはひとの心を揺さぶる程の感動を与える事は難しいんじゃないかなと個人的に思います。
私も業界は違えど、物作りをする上で尊敬するデザイナーはそれぞれにパッションを持って作品を作り上げる人が多いです。
音楽なんて正にそうじゃないでしょうか。

私も自分の精一杯の情熱を注いで製作をしている、そしてそれが手にとる方に伝わる作品を作っているアーティストであると願いたいです。
その為に毎日頑張っています。
私の製作の日々は大体ルーティーンのようにフレーミングされていますが、
1日として同じ日という日はありません。
朝コーヒーを飲んで作業台に座る、というような行為は同じだったりしますが。

https://www.facebook.com/PigeonDynamite/

先ほども書きましたが、私はあまり自分の過去の作品を振り返ったりする事は殆どありません。他のアーティストの過去の作品とかを見る事の方がよっぽど多いです。
自分の過去の作品からインスピレーションを受けるというような事がないというのが大半の理由なんですが。でもひとつだけ例外として自分の初めて石をセッティングした指輪だけは今でも身につけるし、その指輪からは多くを学んで、未だに自分にそこから学んだ事を思い出させる為に大切にとってあります。

その他にも、自分の過去の作品をわざと壊してみたりする事もあります。
単なる実験の為だったりもしますが、アーティストとして自分の作り上げたものを壊すという作業は一方で結構残酷で難しい作業だったりします。
やっぱり自分の時間や思いを入れ込んだ作品を壊すとかいうのは、心を砕くような感覚に近い物があったりするから。
でもそこから本当に素晴らしいひらめきが生まれたり、作品が生まれたりする事もあります。そういう時は本当に魔法みたいな感動が生まれます。(全くもっていつもじゃないですが。) 
自分のルールを破ったり、囚われているアイデアや、固執している信念みたいなものを壊すというのはクリエイターとして一番難しい事のひとつだと思います。
でも自分で自分の心を壊していってこそ、愛でるべき作品が生まれるのも事実かなと思います。。よく言うじゃないですか、難産の子程可愛いみたいなの。あんな感じかな?

ホリデーシーズンも間近に迫りました。
心の籠ったジュエリーをお探しの方、自分への贈り物にも最適なジュエリー日本にもお届けさせていただいています。



こちら から簡単に話題のETSYのサイトへの登録、購入方法を説明させて頂いています。是非この機会にチェックしてみてください。 Creema Shop では日本限定商品も出品しております!
~***Social Mediaも展開しています***~

Facebook** はこちら から。 Twitter** はこちら から。 Pinterest**こちら から。 Instagram**はこちら から。 Tumblr**はこちら から。 Blogger**はこちら から。 


日本へはメインサイト と、クリーマ 両方から発売させて頂いてます。


カスタムオーダーは随時承ります。

読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost Autumn

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Questions to Be Answered