For the Holiday Season.

After a long (but never long enough, you know) vacation in Japan, Pigeon Dynamite is back in business! 


It was a nice break but I was also working on some other projects too..
One of the great news is that Pigeon Dynamite officially debut in the Japanese version of "Etsy" site, Creema!
This happened by a wonderful opportunity from one email by the event director of the company.
 I was also hunting for beautiful vintage pieces I could find while I was there too.
Fall in Japan was so beautiful and the weather was perfect.
It really is my favorite time of the year.

One day, I was taking a train to Kobe, watching outside, I just thought how lucky I am to be from such a beautiful country.
But then I started reading my favorite author and architect, Tadao Ando's book on the train, as some of you might know he is super critical about today's Japan, I began to remember why I left.
I should choose my words carefully though, to a certain extent, I think I have become more Japanese than many who live in Japan today.
I will talk more about this some other time, but
in my belief, leaving your comfort makes you find true self-and this comes from my experience too.
In Ando's book, he said-and I could totally see it too- there are so much less young Japanese who are interested in going overseas today. 
In his brief theory, that's because of internet, recent over-protective parenting, narrow-minded society and people.
I think I could see that. I could see many of the people in Japan are afraid of doing something different-this may be because of many reasons, but I think they are afraid of being judged by others. And most likely those who are afraid of being judged do judge other people. Now I have to make myself clear, of course we judge.
We are, after all, insecure about ourselves in some ways. 
But what Ando's point suggest in my take on is more primitive level.
He took an example of the Chinese. Despite the fact that there are some negative criticism among Chinese tourists in overseas, he sees something that is lacking from today's Japanese in them. I wish I could make it easy to explain, but if I could come up with any way to say it, I think they are more "living" than the Japanese.
I think he sees the strong strife for living in Chinese people.
I only hope Japan for the brighter future.
What I love about Ando's books the most is that it is so intriguing and provokingly motivating.
Most of his books are, to me, to make readers to ask themselves questions and fight for the answers. While I was on the train, reading his book, I had to ask millions of questions about why I do what I do. 
Life is truly a survival. But I also am grown to understand I live because I am let alive.
When I finally started to see that everything in my life is being given, I began to hope that I could give back someday-to Japan, or wherever I feel right to do.
I am here to do what I could do today.
It's December. I hope that I could help you to give a little something for your special one this holiday season.

Thanks for reading,
   皆さんご無沙汰しております。Pigeon Dynamite長い(でも長すぎる事は永遠に無い。。)バケーションから戻って参りました。日本は素晴らしかったです。今回も。       

 しかしながらずっと遊んでいた訳でもなく、いくつかのプロジェクトを進行していました。そのうちのひとつが!何と!日本版ETSYと言っても過言ではないCreemaに遂に出店いたしました。
これも何かのご縁でしょう、イベントディレクターの方から直にメールを頂いて12月から正式に出店となりました。
もちろん日本で美しいヴィンテージのピース等もハントして参りまして。。これから皆さんにお届けするのが待ち遠しいです。
日本の秋はとにかく素晴らしいので本当にインスパイアされて、良いチャージになりました。私の一番好きな季節は春か秋なんですが、今回でもしかしたら秋かも。。となりました。。。。

日本に居る間に神戸に向かう電車の中から窓の外を見ていて、あぁ日本に生まれて本当にラッキーだったなとしみじみ思っていました。
その時持ち合わせていた本が私のお気に入りの建築家兼作家の安藤忠雄だったんですが、
それはそれは批評家で、そんな私の気持ちを揺さぶるかの如く、今の日本人や日本を愛情を持ってブッタ切ってくる本でした。
なんで日本を離れたのかを思い出さされたような感覚です。。
でも安藤先生は日本を見捨てるような言葉ではなく、真摯に向き合っています。
私のようにアメリカに去っていったりしません。
でも私は日本を離れたからこそ、今こそ思いますが日本人より日本人らしくなったと思います。ある意味で、という事ではありましょうが。
自分がいつまでたっても安全な場所にいると、自分を見失ってしまうというのは自分の経験からも学んだ事です。私はそこから離れてこそ本当の自分を見つける事が出来ると信じています。
安藤先生の本で、今日の日本には海外に出たがらない若者が増えていると書いていました。私も海外に居てここ何年もそう感じていました。
先生の推測では、例えばそれはインターネット文化の影響であったり、過保護な親であったり、日本の社会と人間の変化であったりするのです。
確かにそれもあると思います。理由は各々でしょうが、私が毎回帰国して思うのは、日本人は批判される事を極端に恐れていると思います。
人と違う事をして周りになんて思われるのかを気にしすぎて、自分が本当にしたい事、言いたい事を言えない社会が出来上がっているように思えます。
それはそれで日本人特異の美徳でもある場合があります、でも自分に正直でない人間ばかりが集まった社会が健全であるはずもないと思わざると得ないので、私は毎回帰るとちょっと息苦しいような感覚に襲われる場面が必ずあります。
安藤先生は中国人観光客を例にしていました。
説明が難しいんですが、安藤先生は日本人が失ってしまったものを彼らに見いだすことが出来るんだと思います。中国人観光客に対してのネガティブな意見が数ある中で、
安藤先生は、味方によっては彼らは日本人よりも生きているというような表現をされます。日本人は生きる事に関して、やや無関心というか、力強く生きているというような印象が中国人よりも劣っていると思うのが私の本音でもあります。
日本の他のアジア人に対する無意識か意識的な優等生 ぶった目線が、実は他国からしてみると「日本人も結局アジア人」「日本人は中国人程無礼でも無いが、元気も無い」等の冷静に客観的な批評をされる対象になってしまうのも仕方が無い事なのかも知れません。
けれど私も日本人です。日本の将来が明るくなることを願わない事はありません。

安藤先生の出版された本でいつも私が読んでいて好きなのは、建築以外でも挑発的で、読みながらモチベーションを上げてくれる事です。
自分と嫌でも向き合わせてくれる問いかけばかりを投げかけてくる本が多いです。
答えは自分と闘って見つけろと言わんばかりに厳しいんですが。
なんというか、やる気にさせてくれます。
人生はサバイバルです。
けれども年をとって、私は自分の意思だけで生きているわけではないとようやく気づきました。
私の生きている全ては、与えてもらったものの上で成り立つという、なんとも仏教的な考えですが、でも事実であって、これから少しずつ自分のできることで返していけたらと思っています。

12月です。これからのホリデーシーズンに向け、PDから何か特別なものを送られるお手伝いができればと思います。

 メインサイトはこちら
ブログから購入の仕方の説明をさせて頂いています。購入法はこちらから
チェックしてみてくださいね!

読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Almost Autumn

Questions to Be Answered