Karma is my bottom bitch

Before I even realize we welcomed April, May has started.
Getting older surely fast-forwards time, which sometimes is not necessarily a bad thing.
In fact, sometimes I wish time could just go faster. Maybe just a little faster, or much faster.
and by the way, no. I am not writing this post while I'm constipating.
 Well, excuse me. I digress.

I remember the time felt like eternal when I was younger and it was painful.
Probably teenage time passed rather quickly for me because most of the time it felt like my mind was always somewhere else. And anyways I had nothing but time and youth so I wasted stupidly. 

The time that was painful was when I was this small.


This picture was taken at my parents garden. This was probably the first day of my kinder garden, so I was 4. (In Japan, you could start either from 4 or 5 for 3 or 2 years kinder garden until elementary school starts at age 7.)
I am smiling in this picture, and I don't remember about this picture at all, but this little girl didn't realize what kind of nightmare was waiting for her in the kinder garden.
There was a boy in my class whom unfortunately I was stuck with for the whole years which felt literally forever at that time.
He was a little bastard who literally abused me both emotionally and physically.
 Every single day, he would do something and say mean nasty things to make me cry.
Sometimes he'd make me cry twice a day if he felt like. He'd kick me or hit me when I was playing with my friends. I hated that boy. I don't think I hated the school but I remember not wanting to go to school because there would be always that little evil kid.
And I was a weak child so I always was sick and used to go home earlier or rest in the principal's room until my mother came to pick me up. I loved hanging at the principal's room though because I knew I was safe and she always gave me snack and tea. I could draw without getting interrupted by him getting my pencils taken away and read books without him ripping the pages off.

But I think the whole school years were not much fun for me.

Yes, it is sad. Yes, I was sad.
But I hated that I was the victim all the time.
Finally, there was a chance that I had been waiting for for the last few years.
In our last field trip from kinder garden, we went to a park where there was a little pond with cylinder stone slabs you could walk on to cross the pond.
It was a shallow pond, and each of the slabs was about the size of one kid could stand on.
Each of us had to jump to those slabs one to the another and there was many kids on the pond. We all started jumping to these to cross the pond. And I saw other kids almost jumped onto the same slab and about to fall into the pond. They didn't fall, they were laughing but the teachers were scolding at them to watch out.
 Pray the lord. I had an idea.
I started to look for my target. 
There, there he was. The mean little bastard pushing other kids to go faster.
I quietly followed him. Luckily almost the end of the pond, there were many kids trying to finish crossing the pond so I did not get caught by his attention or the teachers.
I jumped onto the slab where he was standing on and as soon as I landed I pushed him, very gently, but surely with as much hatred as I could give.
Before I saw him fell into the water, I jumped onto farther slab.
Then, there was this splash sounds with hysterical scream.
The teacher rushed to pick him up. It was so quick, everything happened in a moment.
Like I said, it was not a deep pond-definitely not as deep as I wished it had been but he got soaking wet from head to toe.
He was taken to the dryer room. Poor little boy, he was crying.
There was no witness, but other boy was supposedly right behind him so he was the first suspect but of course he denied.
Me? No, ma'am. But if I may, for years of torture he had been giving me, I think he deserves a little drowning.
Then about half an hour later, he came back. Completely dried up, with little wrinkly uniform, red eyed. Nothing made me happy, but when I saw his name and class number on his name tag all written in ink got totally blotted, I felt complete satisfaction.
I cannot remember the rest of my kinder garden since. I don't know if he was still picking on me, but his blotted name tag that he had to keep wearing through the rest of the grade made me so happy every time I saw it.
Ever since, I did not cry in front of a boy in my school years. Not once in elementary school.
(I went to female school for mid and high school and learned there was scarier creature than men. Ahem, no offense to my beloved ladies.I consider myself a feminist.)
But anyhow, those years felt so long, and it is truly heartbreaking to see news today that school kids killing themselves.
There is really nothing more hopeless to feel that there is no end.
But there is.
I cannot say my action was right (though I am wrongly proud of myself-if I had had a choice, would I have done it anyway? Oh, fuck yea) but the painful time will pass. Because, the truth is, nothing lasts.
Nothing. There is nothing that lasts forever.
And kids who bully other kids, they should know that they'd better start watching their back-because maybe one day, their back can be pushed. Karma is a bitch.

Now, I am bringing handmade one of a kind happiness to you from NYC~
Pigeon Dynamite is now happily made by

this girl twenty five years later.

Thanks for reading.





4月が始まったと気づく前に5月が始まっていたこのごろです。
歳を取ると時間が経つのは早くなる一方な気がしますが、悪いもんでもないなと思うのもこのごろです。
実際、早く時間が経てば良いのにと思う事もよくあるこのごろです。時にはもうちょっと早く〜、もっと早く〜と無駄に祈ったりしてしまう自分です。
いいえ、おなか壊して書いてる訳じゃないです。
失礼しました。

時間が経つのが本当に遅くて、一生分かかって一日が終わるような日々があったのをよく覚えています。凄く幼い、子供の時はそんな日がしょっちゅうでした。
10代は意外に早く過ぎていった気がします。本当に若さと時間位しか持て余してなかったので、無駄とひたすら馬鹿さに費やしてしまいました。
私が苦しんでいた時は、私がこれ位ちっさかったときです。
 
この写真は私の実家の庭で撮られたんですが、全然覚えてなくて、多分幼稚園の最初の年とかだったのかな?4歳とかだと思います。
ここでは無邪気に笑っていますが、この後待ち受けていた悪夢を知る由もなしなのが見てとれます。
私のクラスにはとてつもないいじめっ子が居て、災難な事にもその少年(というかクソガキ)と2年以上もクラスが一緒になってしまいました。その時は本当に永遠に感じるような眩暈のする長さでした。
このいじめっ子は私に意地悪な事を言ってわ泣かせ、殴っては泣かせ、正に生きる悪霊のような存在でした。本当に、毎日、毎日くる日もくる日も泣かされて、時には1度では飽き足らず一日に2度も泣かされたりする事もざらにありました。
幼稚園自体は嫌いでは無かったと思いますが、あのいじめっ子だけは本当に呪いをかけるかの如く嫌っていました。お陰で幼稚園に行きたくなる事もありました。
更に小さいときから体の弱かった私はよく熱を出したりして園長先生の部屋で休ませてもらって、母が来る迄かくまってもらっていました。
園長先生の部屋では好きなだけ邪魔されずに大好きな絵を描いたり、本を読んだりできたので私のお気に入りでした。お菓子とかお茶とかももらってたな。。
はい、悲惨でした。ごもっともです。私も悲惨でした。
でも私が被害者でずっと居る事が最も嫌でした。
そして遂に、チャンスがやってきました。この怨念がかった数年の恨みを晴らすチャンスが巡ってきました。
幼稚園最後の遠足、私たちはどこぞやの公園に行きました。
そこは小さな池のある公園で、コンクリートの丸太のような物が水面に浮き出していて、そこをポンポンっとジャンプして池を渡っていくんですが、丁度子供がひとり立てるくらいの小さなもので、みんなそれをジャンプしながら渡っていきました。
池自体は深くないので皆怖がらずに身軽に飛び回っていました。
そこで私は他のクラスメートがひとつの丸太に間違えて一斉に飛びかかって落ちそうになっているとこを見たのです。
神よ。。。マジで感謝!
 アイデアが浮かんだ私はターゲットを探し始めます。
居ましたよ、他の子供を押してほぼ岸に着こうとしているクソ坊主が。
 静かに、でも着実に凄いスピードで追いついて行く私。
幸い回りはたくさんの子供で私が目立つ事もなく、簡単にすぐ後ろまでくる事が出来ました。
そして、いじめっ子の立つ丸太にジャンプするや否や、優しく、でもありったけの嫌悪を込めて突き落としました。
いじめっ子が水面に落ちるのを見る間もなく次ぎの丸太にジャンプした私は
ザバーンという音と悲鳴と水しぶきを感じて遂に何かを成し遂げたのです。
すぐに先生が池に入っていじめっ子を抱きかかえて出てきました。
それはそれは浅い、深さが全く足りない池だったのであっという間の出来事でした。
かわいそうに、泣いてますよ小坊主。
目撃者はなく、すぐ後ろに居た無実の少年が怪しまれていましたが、無論無実の身、全力で否定していました。
私?私は違いますよ。けれども主張させて頂けるのならば、過去数年の痛みに比べたらちょっと溺れる位はしてもらっても良いんじゃないかな、という意見です。
半時間くらいしてから乾燥したしわしわの制服でじめっこが戻ってきました。目が赤くなっていました。何を見ても満足できなかった私ですが、彼の水ににじんで読めなくなっている名札を見て、今迄に感じた事の無い満足感を得たのを覚えています。
その後の幼稚園生活がどんなものだったのか記憶がありません。私はまたいじめられたのかな?でも彼のモヤモヤになった名札程私を幸せにしてくれるものもありませんでした。
そしてそれ以降、学校で男の子の前で泣く事は一度もありませんでした。
小学校6年間一度も。(中高は女子校に行ったので、男子よりももっと恐ろしい生き物が居る事を学んだんですが。。あ、別に批判している訳じゃないです。私はフェミニストです。)
長い年月以上に長く感じる中で、それが永遠に続くんじゃないかと錯覚する事程、絶望的な事はありません。ニュースで学生が自殺した、と聞いて心を痛める事が多いです。
私のとった行動が正しかったとは言えませんが(けれども私はむしろ行動に移した事を誇りに思っていますが)でも何事にも終わりはやってきます。
ずっと続くものなんて本当に何も無いです。
何一つ永遠に続くものなんてありません。
もしもいじめっ子が居たら、その子達は後ろを気にする事をおすすめします。
カルマ(輪廻)は存在します。
さて、幸せをNYからお届けさせて頂いています〜
Pigeon Dynamiteの幸せになれる一点ものジュエリーは、
 
25年後の彼女によって真心込めて作られています。
読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Almost Autumn

Questions to Be Answered