Play and Start

Has anyone seen this year's Chanel Haute Couture collection in January?
 
The designer, Karl Lagerfeld, creates such inspiring collections but this haute couture collection was so refreshing. I liked its concept and as a whole a lot more than his Fall/Winter 2014 RTW (Ready To Wear)collection in March that was made to look like a Chanel supermarket.
Haute couture, aka the most expensive clothes that money can buy on earth, mixed with sneakers was very playful of Karl's but my favorite part was the set and the music by Sebastien Tellier


image from: http://chanel-news.chanel.com/en/home.tag.spring-summer-2014-haute-couture.html
There is this inseparable sweet relationship between the music and art.
Any creative industry I know, any artist I know listen to music; they get inspired, or get motivated by the power of music.  Most of any creations, such as paintings and clothes that I find interesting have this sense of drama as if it were choreographed through the process of creation.  
My favorite music has always been kind of music that can give me a sense of visual imagery, usually like motion pictures.
Since I was little, I always loved watching the scenery passing by the window on a train, or a car. (In fact, I loved it so much that I always wished that I were a boy and wanted to be a racer if not a rock star.)
I remember after I got my first headphone to listen to the music, any horrifying experience of rush hour train ride got so much easier.  It was a necessary survival skill to have as a city girl. Then there was a moment that I found a scenery perfectly matched to the music I was listening to, I don't remember when or what it was exactly, but it made a perfect sense.  Yes, I was perfectly sober.  It is hard to explain but it was so inspiring and made me realize how powerful the combination of visual affect and music can be.
I mean, it is certainly proved by great movies. Many of my favorite movies have such great sound tracks and it is not only because each track is a good tune, but also it goes with the movies so well.  I think one of many reasons why A Clockwork Orange is so strangely amazing and unforgettable is because of its music. (I also love the costumes too.)

http://wickedtown.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/a-clockwork-orange-004.jpg
When I design my jewelry, I listen to the music.  Potentially that's where positive creativity comes together with my imagination, well, not always but most of the time. Actual technical process really depends, but sometimes perhaps I could listen to podcast but not when I write blogs or descriptions of my items. I cannot compose a sentence while listening to someone talking.  I've tried and I still do,rarely, but they never come out the way how I like them to, so I normally go "bitch" and discard the work.
 And also listening to the podcast while working, to me, isn't particularly inspiring for the creative process. I may occasionally get inspired after I listen to them but not during creative process.
Though I extremely dislike repeating things because I get bored easily, so things like Spotify is absolutely brilliant.
Good music gives me good vibes and motivation to keep up.
What I try to create always has a story/stories behind it and hopefully reflects the rhythm and the flow.
 

Music can flee our mind. What's your inspiring music playlist today?

Thanks for reading,


今年の1月に発表された、春夏シャネルオートクチュールのコレクションはみられましたか?

 
カールラガーフェルドの作り上げるコレク ションはいつもインスピレーションに溢れていて、とても刺激的なのですが、特に今年の春夏コレクションはフレッシュな印象で素晴らしかったです。個人的に はシャネルマーケットに仕立てられた2014年秋冬Ready-to-Wear(プレタポルテ)よりも全体的に好きでした。世界で一番高い洋服、オートクチュールをスニーカーで着崩すカー ルラガーフェルドの遊び心は何よりコンセプトから会場のセットが個人的にツボで、フランスのミュージシャン、セバスチャンテリエがライブで演奏しているのがとても印象的でした。 
 
音楽とアートには切り離す事のできない関係と言うか、とても親密な関係をしてきたのは明らかです。どんなクリエイティブな職業においても、どん なアーティストでも、私が知る限り彼らは常に音楽を流していて、また音楽から多大な影響を受けています。私が面白いな と思うもの、例えば絵画であったり写真だったりするものには何らかのドラマがあって、作品を作り上げる過程がまるで振付けされていたのかなと想像させるよ うな気持ちにさせるものが多いです。
私の好きな音楽は常に何かしら頭の中で風景が描けるような、映画のようなシーンを思い浮かべるものばかりです。
小 さな時から電車や車の窓から変わる景色を見る事が大好きだった私(実際、男に生まれ変わってロックスターかレーサーになりたいと思っていた結構激しい自 分。。)が初めて良いヘッドホンをつけて音楽を聴いたとき、満員電車で通学する事がかなり楽になったのを覚えています。都会で生活するにあたって、なくて はならないサバイバルスキルだったと思います。そして、とある瞬間、急に聴いていた音楽と見ていた景色が完璧にマッチして謎が解けたかのようにふっと全て が一瞬明るくなったような感に取り付かれました。何の音楽だったか、何を見てたのか今では覚えていませんが、あのパズルを解いたような感覚は今でも覚えて います。(酔っぱらっていなかった事も足しておこう。。)説明するのが至極難しいですが、とても刺激的で、音楽とビジュアルの生む化学反応のようなものが いかに力強いかを目の当たりにした様な経験でした。
そもそも映画なんかでは私が気づくもっと前にとっくに証明されている事なんですが。
実 際私が好きな映画はサントラも良くて、個々に曲が良いからというだけじゃなく、映画にぴったり合っている事が大きいと思います。お気に入りのシーンなんか も曲によって更に高められていたりします。時計仕掛けのオレンジなんかは、名作である数限りない理由のひとつにコスチュームと音楽との関係があるからじゃ ないでしょうか。
http://wickedtown.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/a-clockwork-orange-004.jpg
私がジュエリーをデザインする時は大抵音楽を流していま す。潜在的にそこからポジティブなクリエイティブさと私の想像力がいっしょになるんですが(大抵はなる。。)もっと技術的なプロセスにおいてはラジオとか も聞いたりします。ただ、ブログやアイテムの説明を書くときはラジオは聞きません。単に人がしゃべってるのを聞きながらものを書く事ができないからです が、それもたまにしてしまうと、まったく自分の思っていた通りのようにならなかったりで結局ボツになったりする事が大半です。なので聞かない。
繰り返しや反復作業が嫌いな飽き症の私はSpotifyなんかをよく流しています。
次に何がプレイされるか分からない楽しみと、新しい音楽を見つける楽しみでとても重宝しています。良い音楽はとても良いモチベーションにもつながります。
私が作ろうとするものには一点一点、それぞれストーリーがあって、ドラマがあります。願わくばお客様にもリズムとフローが感じられる作品であって欲しいです。 

音楽は私たちを頭の中で解き放ってくれます。あなたの今日のプレイリストは何ですか?

読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost Autumn

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Questions to Be Answered