New Year's Resolution?

Hi everyone, I hope people of Northeast and Midwest survived this beyond freezing week..
Global warming is a serious deal, people.

It may sound odd but it's hard to believe the year of 2012 was over..which is now 2 years ago...
I cannot believe we already had a full year of 2013.

How weird but it is true as many people told me after 25, it only goes so much faster.
I don't remember much of my teenager time since I also had no idea what I was doing.
Early 20s, I was coming back to more conscious and real mind self.
 Mid 20s was more of digging deeper and now I'm late 20s I already feel that I entered my 30s which I don't really care if I am or not really.
 The number started becoming more and more meaningless after 25.
(At the same time, I do not believe that saying 30 is the new 20 either. That's lame. 30 is 30..and fabulous.)
Life does get more exciting and more enjoyable as you get older, or I mostly think and hope it does.
Though life also gets harder sometimes but those obstacles come to the most meaningful lessons eventually.
It's a lie that I'd have been happier if I never had to deal with things I didn't want to, or I didn't like.
But when that's something I had to do, I did, just like anyone else does.
And I did learn a lot from these experiences. 
The younger you experience more problems and struggle more, the better you become when you are older, I truly believe so.
It is truly difficult though specially when it comes to personal relationships, with friends, family, lover, coworkers, etc.  These things, I don't know if I ever will master any skill to deal with. There is nothing more stressful than dealing with people, I must say. 
But my favorite author and mentor Akihiro Miwa said having a healthy relationship is to keep healthy distance. 
It is so true to any relationship. 
I think I used to care about many little things that had absolutely no value what so ever in my early life and ended up having extra things to worry about.
I wasted so much time and energy on these things for so many years. 
The more you care, the heavier it gets.  Sometimes it is necessary to let go.
Akihiro says 60% is the healthy ratio of energy you need to use for relationships.
No matter how close you are to anyone, you are still individual so once you understand that, you could respect the person and you don't judge or worry about what other people think by your own little knowledge because everyone is different.  You are not perfect as no one else is.
Healthy relationships can bring the greatest joy, on the other hand.
When you look at people who have their focus on happiness and goals, they don't waste their time on these nonsense.
They of course have things they don't like to deal with, but they handle it smartly and move on. They don't waste their time therefore, most of the time, they don't waste your time too.
Respect is always the necessity to a successful relationship.
Each year, I go back and look at my journal and try to learn from my experiences and clear up my mind for a new year.
And my focus becomes clear.

My resolution of the year is to learn a few programs as well as jewelry making technique...and self promotion skill?

What's your year resolution? Share your resolution and If your inspirational resolution gets picked, it will be made as one of a kind jewelry by Pigeon Dynamite


Thanks for reading.

異様に寒い週が続いたアメリカですが(NYもマイナス18度とかに迄なってました)
何とか生きています。皆さんいかかでしょうか。

ちょっとおかしな事を言うかもしれませんが、未だに2012年が終わってしまったのを実感出来ずに居る2年取り残されている謎な私です。
いったい去年は何をしていたのか?

何人もの人に言われた通り、25歳を過ぎてから、恐ろしい勢いで時間が経っていくのを感じています。
10代の頃は何をやっていたのかもよくわからないまま過ごしてしまったので
あまり覚えていない事が多いのですが、20代前半からやや目覚め始めたと言うか、
もう少し現実に戻ってきつつある状態にいました。
そして20代半ばからは自分探しというか、もっと自分を深く掘り下げるような作業に集中しだした気がします。
そして今20代後半となって、もう既に30代にいるような感覚になっています。
正直25過ぎてから数字があまり意味のないようになってきました。
年齢を重ねて人生はもっと楽しくなってきたのも事実ながら、逆も然りであり。。
でもその障害物もレベルアップしているような気もします。
もし自分の苦手な事や、嫌な事を何もせずにこれたなら、大分楽だっただろうなーと思ったりしますが、けれども必ずと言っていい程、学ばなければならなかったレッスンがあったと思います。

特に人間関係においては、友人関係であれ、家族であれ、恋人であれ、職場であれ
何よりもストレスになるものだと思います。
けれども私のメンターでもあり尊敬する作家でもある美輪明宏氏が人間関係は60%で割り切って、ある程度の距離をおくのが一番健康的であると言ってらっしゃって、本当にそう言い聞かせると自分でも驚く程楽になった事があります。
思えば早いうちから何の価値もない悩みに膨大な時間とエネルギーを長年消耗してきました。 ひとつ抱える事に、肩がずーんと重くなるような気になりました。
例えどんなに近い人間であっても、個人は個人ですので、私は私、と割り切ってこれば良かったものの、そのような強さやスキルが私には無かったように思います。
あくまで自分が基準であって、そんなホコリ程度の知識と経験で他人を批評評価したり、固執して不安になったり、悩んだり、今思っても小さな事に振り回されてきた自分が恥ずかしくなります。
けれども、健康的な人間関係は喜びと楽しみも運んできてくれます。
自分に正直で、目標や、自身の幸福にひたむきな人達はこういった小さな事に時間もエネルギーも使いません。
勿論、彼らが苦手な事や嫌な事を日々経験しているのは自然なのですが、
そういった事をかくもスマートにこなして、彼らの頭はもう既に次の事へと向いています。
小さな事に固執してくよくよしたり、考えたりしないのです。
つまり彼らは自分たちの時間を無駄にしない=他人の時間を無駄にしない
という事です。
こういったリスペクトはとても過小評価されているように思います。
尊敬とは人間関係においてとても大事なキーだと思います。
毎年、自分の日記を振り返って、経験からなるべく多くの事を分析して、一年の経験から学ぼうとします。 そして問題等は反省して、一度頭をリセットして、クリアな状態で新年を迎えます。
そうする事で自分の目標や、集中したい事がはっきりしてきます。

今年の私の目標はいくつかのコンピュータープログラムを習得する事と、ジュエリー作りにおいての技術を磨いて、新しい技術を身につける事です。。あとはプロモーション能力の向上を目指したいです。。多いかな??

皆さんはいかがですか?何か目標、新年の抱負があれば是非シェアしてください!
インスピレーションを与える抱負/言葉がPigeon Dynamiteの新作となるかも?!


読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Almost Autumn

Questions to Be Answered