August 1st

August, to me, is always the end month of the summer.
By the end of August, I just could feel the certain nostalgia in the air.

In Japan, in the mid August we have a period of time to celebrate 
our ancestors spirits called Obon. (For more detailed information check out HERE.)
When I was a child, this Obon period meant nothing to do with ancestors but
fun trip to my grandfather's hometown in Shiga, super countryside of Japan.

What's so crazy about going to this "super countryside" is
it only really takes less than two hours by car without traffic from Osaka.
Come to think of it, Japan is crazy like that.
When you come to the cities of Japan you easily forget these cities are 
still not too far from the mountain regions.
For example, you could enjoy the downtown in Osaka and enjoy the urban city life
during the daytime, then you take a bus for less than an hour to 
the amazing historic hot spring town.

Cities are so condensed in Japan but these urban cities are 
in a way still contained within the nature.

I remember whenever we went to Shiga, 
I used to try to ride my grandfather's old Bridgestone's bike 
which was always way too big for me.
One day one of my older cousins took me on the bike.
There were hardly no cars running on the streets.
The town was a pretty quintessential Japanese old town that the houses are wooden structures,
the rice fields and mountains, and the narrow streets have stream on the sides 
where we used to find small crabs.
It was absolutely beautiful and peaceful and we were enjoying riding 
the big old rusty bike with broken brakes

until the monster truck showed up on the street.

The gigantic truck was coming towards us and the street was, like I said, narrow.
There was no sidewalk for us to avoid the truck but the side stream.
The truck was coming at the curve and started honking at us to stop.

Did I mention the brakes were broken?



We had two choices;
keep going and hope the ass driver would stop first or get hit by the monster truck
then instant two kids lasagna rusty bicycle topping
or 
jump onto the stream.

When it comes to gambling your own life, people can easily be brave enough to 
dive into the water with a bicycle. 
My cousin and I could hear the scream of one another and it went like a slow motion picture.
At the very moment when we were in the air flying with the bike,
I saw the truck driver laughing.
Before I could give him a middle finger, we were both crashed into the stream with the bike.
I cannot remember what happened to the bike since.
But I remember we survived the injury and since that incident I've collected 
 car accidents 5 times while I was on the bicycle.
It's still a joke between my close friends that they are going to make sure
 the next one will get me.
This is nearby where I dived..the stream is on this side

Anyhow, it's August. Summer is still here with us.
So is Pigeon Dynamite's summer collection!

Crystal quartz are said to protect you-make sure you get one so that at least
you are safe from getting run over by a monster truck.

Thanks for reading.


8月ですねぇ。個人的に夏の終わりの月という感じの月です。
8月下旬頃には何となーくノスタルジックな気持ちになる成分でも空気中に含まれているような
そんな気がする月です。

8月といえば日本ではお盆になりますねぇ。
小さい頃はご先祖様の魂を祝う為、とかより
むしろ祖父の田舎に帰る事の方が楽しみでそっちメインだった気がします。
それも滋賀県のド田舎。

今思えば日本てクレイジーな事に大阪からだと
渋滞さえなければ車で2時間以内で行けるんですね。
都会から田舎への距離が予想外に凄く近い事にびっくりします。
例えば梅田からバスで温泉地まで、なんて1時間位で行けたり、
何だかんだ言って、日本の都会って山に囲まれているんだなーと思ったり。。
とことん素晴らしく不思議な国ですねぇ。


滋賀県でのエピソードで、うちの祖父のブリヂストンのおんぼろ自転車があります。
なにより小さかった私には大きすぎてなかなか乗り回すことが難しかったんですが
ある日年上の従姉妹にその自転車に乗せられて田舎道を回る事にしました。
田舎なので殆ど車も通らず、田んぼや山や木造の日本式の家、
道は狭くて両側にカニがいる水路が走ってるような典型的な田舎でした。
ブレーキすらきかないおんぼろ自転車でそんな美しい田舎の景色を楽しんでいるのもつかの間
馬鹿でかいモンスタートラックが目の前からカーブを曲がってやってきたのです。

狭い田舎道、歩道も無く避けるに避けれない程でかいトラックは
止まる気配が一向に無く、クラクションを鳴らしてきました。




ブレーキがぶっ壊れてるって言った???






この時点でチョイスは2つ。。


そのまま突っ走ってトラックが急ブレーキでギリギリ止まってくれるのを祈って、さもなくば
人間ラザニアに。



水路に飛び込む。


人は自分の命をギャンブルするとなると勇敢にもチャリごと水路に突っ込んでいけるんですねぇ。
私と従姉妹はおそらくお互いの悲鳴をスローモーションで聞いたと思います。
そしてまだ空中で飛んでる瞬間、トラックの運転手が私達を見て笑ってるのを見ました。
ぶっ殺すぞテメ、等と叫ぶ間も無く私達は見事水路に転落。
その後自転車がどうなったか覚えていません。
でも生き延びたのは覚えてます。
そしてそれ以来5回ほど自転車事故を起こすんですが、
身内内でのジョークで次こそは仕留めるからな、と言われています。

とにかく8月ですね。
PigeonDynamite の夏コレもまだまだあっついです。
クリスタルは魔よけにもなるので、モンスタートラックから身を守る為にも是非。
  

日本語でも対応しています。メインサイトはこちら
ブログから購入の仕方の説明をさせて頂いています。購入法はこちらから
チェックしてみてくださいね!



読んでくれたひと、ありがとう。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wanna Be Buried in Dots

Almost Autumn

Questions to Be Answered